FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Hi-Phone UK Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi-Phone UK Settings
    Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 3:44am
Since your line doesnt support loop current drop, which is being used for this event, Please consult with Homeseer what would be the solution....
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 8:26am
The forum is not for support. It is mainly for discussions.
For 24x7 support please send an email to support@way2call.com
Homeseer doesnt even use the same Hi-Phone DLL that you are trying to test with the test application.
Even if it would work for you with the test application, it wont work for Homeseer.

Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 8:04am
I see the normal lack of service has been resumed..........
Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:10am

Hi

I have been carrying out more testing with the Hi-Phone and my POTS line. I can confirm I do see CPC and a 400Hz tone when a calling party clears down on my line. However the Hi-Phones doesn't see these events via the Way2Call test application. What duration of CPC does the Way2Call look for to detect the current change? Is this setting configurable or is it setup within the API, in my case by HomeSeer?

I can't find any documentation on controlling the Hi-Phone so any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks
Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 3:25am

Hi

I forgot to say, my Hi-Phone is new and is running firmware 4.03.36, which is what the unit was shipped with and appears to be the latest firmware verison.

Thanks
Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 3:02am
Hi

Thanks for your response. I didn't realize that HomeSeer doesn't use TAPI, that's interesting.

If I use the Way2Call test application, with a clean boot and HomeSeer not running I would expect the Hi-Phone to pickup a terminated call by looking for a 400Hz continuous tone or current drop. I can see this tone being generated by the PSTN on the test application's 'spectrum analyser' when a call he been cleared down by the remote party. I've checked British Telecom's SIN on the tone that is generated when a remote party clears down and it is 2.5 seconds of 400 Hz, which I've set on the Way2call's test application. This is also set in the 'international settings' on the Way2Call software. I am unable to do this however and, using the test application, as the Hi-Phone will keep the line open with no events being displayed in the call monitor apart from speech detected. I would assume that the Way2Call would display the events of a call being dropped in this window? As a first step in resolving this issue I'd like to make the Hi-Phone detected a clear down so I can then tackle the issue of HomeSeer picking this event up.

Thanks

Andy
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 7:04pm
The Homeseer doesnt use the TAPI setup, and thefore any changes at the TAPI setup doesnt affect the Homeseer.
Since your line doesnt support loop current drop, which is being used for this event, Please consult with Homeseer what would be the solution
Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 3:54pm
Come on guys, your website says I'm to come to the forum for support but I've not had any response to my fault above and it looks like I'm not the only one with unanswered questions.......
Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:22am
Hi

Do Way2Call check this forum? I've not heard anything about this fault yet.

Thanks
Hopkirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 9:09am
Hi

I have a newly purchased Way2Call USB Hi-Phone attached to a Windows XP SP3 PC and also attached to a standard UK BT POTS phone line. I want to use the Hi-Phone with HomeSeer 2. I have the latest drivers from your website installed and the Hi-Phone worked ok with HomeSeer for a few days. However I noticed that if someone left me a voicemail message that HomeSeer kept recording for a couple of minutes, even if the calling party had hung up. I installed the Way2Call test application to see what was happening. When I dial the Hi-Phone and hang up the test application shows this in the log:

SIT detected - no circuit found.

In the UK international tone settings this makes sense as a continuous 400Hz tone is shown to be the "no circuit found". I ensured that the Hi-Phone in TAPI setup was configured to use the FastBusy/re-order tone to disconnect. I tried to change the re-order tone to listen instead for a 400Hz continual tone but this didn't work. The Hi-Phone is also configured to look at line current to detect the line's status but this doesn't work either. In the international tone settings I changed the SIT detected tone to 4000Hz (to remove it from service) and then added a new item to the congestion tone with 400Hz on, 2500 duration to try and tell the Hi-Phone that this tone means disconnect. This change had the effect of stopping "SIT Detected" being displayed in the test application but now now call progress messages are displayed. How can I make the Hi-Phone understand when the calling party has cleared down?

The Way2Call test application crashed once during use and this created another issue in that I couldn't open the Way2Call TAPI setup screen any more. I've tried rebooting the PC but if I click on the TAPI setup icon I receive a few seconds of hour glass and then nothing happens.
I've tried removing and re-installing the Hi-Phone drivers, rebooting the PC and powering the PC and Hi-Phone off for several minutes before booting again but the same thing happens. I assumed this problem was caused by the running application crashing while the TAPI setup screen was open and the TAPI application had a lock somewhere. I thought that when the app was re-started it thought it was already running and shutdown. I think I've fixed this by changing the registry key hkey_local_machine\software\Way2call\w2cusbdll\globals\DoingSetup from 1 to a 0. This now allows me to start TAPI setup. Can you let me know if there is anything else I need to change to recover from the software crash I had?

Thanks

Andy.
 Post Reply Post Reply