FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Line Polarity inversion for detect connect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line Polarity inversion for detect connect
    Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 7:35am
firmware update has been emailed to you.
Jos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 6:49am

Thanks Doron,

I'll wait for the firmware update.

doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2010 at 11:00am

The line reversal feature is not supported by the Hi-Phone Desktop Pro but not via the DLL and API's

Weâ?Tll send you a firmware update that supports this feature, and instructions how you can test it.

Jos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2010 at 10:08am

Hello Doron,

I have received the pro units. How I can read line polarity status?. Is there any specific event to inform about this or I must read any modem flag?

Thanks.

(I am using drivers 2.00.95 and Multipe devices DLL API 1.05.04)

Jos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 4:22am
Hello Doron,

Sorry for the delay. Our customer says that yes, line polarity can indicate remote connect, but I cannot check it yet. We have ordered you some Pro units to check it at our office.

Regards,
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2009 at 7:01pm

Analog lines are not providing accurate way to detect the answer or connect state, and therefore the method is based on audio on the line, voice, silence ,.etc,..

Currently this is not supported by any of the Hi-Phone products, however, the Hi-Phone Desktop Pro may be able to report the line polarity reversal event, but again, Iâ?Tm not sure if this feature designed for this purpose, and if the Telco line generates this line polarity reversal as soon as line is answered.

Can you verify this?

Jos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2009 at 6:33pm

Is there another method for detect this connected status without use speech/tone detector(more accurately)?

Perhaps another Hi-Phone modem? Our customer wants to calculate this time and with speech/tone detector values have undesired fluctuations.

Thanks Doron.

doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2009 at 5:10pm

The Hi-Phone Desktop Lite doesnâ?Tt support line polarity reversal feature.

This feature may be assist with Caller ID detection, but Iâ?Tm not sure if it can give the connected indication.

Jos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2009 at 2:42pm

Hello all,

I am currently detecting remote connection in outgoing calls using events for speech/tone detector. This method is quite imprecise and have problems when we connect with a silence destination.

It is know that in many PSTN lines there is a polarity inversion when remote picks up that could be used to detect this connected status and will be more accurately that the last one.

I have been testing whit SLIC_PolarityReversal member for struct that returns GetStatus function but it seems that always is set to 0Cry. I am using dll api.

Is there any method in Hi-Phone Desktop USB Lite to get this polarity status?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply