FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Problems with Hi-Phone USB Desktop on Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BrianFella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 11:23pm
OK...the Hi-Phone has resurrected.  I unplugged it and plugged back in and it's working.  I think I tried that before, but it's late....Clap

This enabled me to check the firmware version, which is 4.52.07

Thanks, and cheers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 11:17pm
Hmm...well, I have a new problem.  The Hi-Phone was working great on the XP, but now it won't even turn on when plugged in.  It's like it's broken or something.

Assuming that I can get that worked out, here is my answer to what you said before.  You asked about the firmware - I cannot say what version it is, but I suspect it's "out of date."  But on your download page, it is stated "Please make sure that the file you use matches  your product's P/N. Using the wrong file may damage your device and void the warranty!"  Below that, it says "Hi-Phone Desktop USB, P/N HD00USGR01  (Must run on WIN XP)*
  Version: 4.02.36
  Updated: 18-Nov-2009   "

The "*" refers to a statement at the bottom of the page, "* The firmware upgrade supports WIN XP only.  WIN Vista, WIN 7,  and WIN server 2008 are not supported."    This would seem to indicate that Windows 7 is not supported, and further after this it says, "Using the wrong Operating System for firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty!"    Rather ominous, no?  Sooooo.....if you ask me to update the firmware, is way2call accepting any liability for problems incurred as a result thereof?  Or am I misunderstanding what is written?

I appreciate your help, but I just want to make sure I'm not damaging the equipment.  It's not my equipment, although the warranty may have already expired.  Nonetheless, I don't want to damage the unit.  

On a 2nd note...any idea why the unit is not powering on after working perfectly today?

Thanks much!
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 12:35pm

The Hi-Phone firmware version should be WIN 7 compatible.

What is your Hi-Phone Device fw version?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 11:35am
I have a USB HiPhone Desktop that I am using.  I have it successfully installed & working on my XP laptop.

However, on my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop, I CANNOT get it to work correctly.  I have tried installing both sets of 64 bit drivers on the download page, & I even tried installing the beta version of the same.  I also tried using the default XP drivers.  All was to no avail.  Ouch  I cannot get it to record me during the test, and it seems like it is not detecting a dial tone.  I hear it, but it does not actually dial the # I give it in the test.  Again, everything works flawlessly in XP.

HELP!  Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12