FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Strange problem of hookflash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kfchai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfchai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange problem of hookflash
    Posted: May 31 2010 at 8:23am
Hi,

I have just encountered a strange problem when using the hookflash to make a call transfer. When I'm transferring call, I try to use "!" to perform the hookflash, I can hear a flat and continuous tone after this, however when I try to dial any number, the number tone just can't recognized by the PBX system, and flat tone sounds continuously, and no call can be transferred. But when I try to do this using normal analog phone, everything fine, the flat tone will stopped right after I dial any number, and call can be transferred.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the hook flash, because I can hear the same tone from HiPhone or analog phone. The problem should be the numbers dialing after the hookflash, all the dialed tones from HiPhone seems to be ignored.

I know that this is quite confuse, but I'm trying my best to describe it. Would like to know what could be the cause of the problem, any help is appreciated. Thanks.
kfchai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfchai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 11:11pm
Just found the root cause. Because the receiver side was muted and do not have any voice detected, the DTMF tones for transfer extension are not able to be sent over the line to the PBX. 

When I tried to create some voice at both parties, then everything is working. 
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2010 at 6:20am
Thanks for the update
 Post Reply Post Reply