FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Stability issues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stability issues?
    Posted: Mar 17 2010 at 12:21pm
Just an update on the stability issue that has been dogging us for some time. It took a long time for us to realized but there was a daily pattern these events. Booting the machine on an odd day number gave perfect results but even days resulted in random machine crashes.
Thanks to Dorons help, this was tracked down to a recent Windows update issue and can be eliminated by simply dissabling the remote access connection manager.
Thanks again Doron!
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2010 at 3:06pm
Yes I realize this now so I'm just waiting for the upgrade key to arrive.
The info wasn't very clear and I assumed that the ability to pick up and answer one of the four lines would have been a standard feature. The term Power dialler made me think of something  that would be used primarilly for dialling out whereas in my application, I only deal with incomming calls.
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2010 at 1:20pm
You should be using the Hi-Phone Maestro Power Dialer model
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2010 at 9:57am

If a caller requests to speak with a person then Iâ?Td like to be able to click a button to connect the phone or headset to that caller but I'm not sure if this is possible with the standard unit?

If it's not possible, is it possible to upgrade my current unit to the power dialler somehow or would I have to buy another unit?

Bill Smile

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2010 at 11:10am

Finally it looks like most of the problems were actually being caused by my poor code.

I've still got several areas that need more work doing but at the moment, everything seems to be running extremely well.

Thanks again!

Bill Smile

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 5:26pm
Thanks for the quick reply Doronsh.
I've just about had enough for tonight so I'll try that tomorrow and get back to you.

Regards

Bill Smile
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 5:24pm

Update the device fw from www.way2call.com >>> downloads ver. 11.03.34

Close all applications that are using the Hi-Phone Maestro

Then uninstall the Hi-Phone drivers.

Restart the PC.

Download the Hi-Phone Multiple Devices 32 bit DLL from www.way2call.com >>> Beta Downloads

http://www.way2call.com/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=57

Copy DLL from the ZIP to the directory where you run your application from.

This will help to isolate the problem.

Contact way2call support if there is still a problem

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 4:32pm

Received a Maestro last week and spent the whole of the weekend converting my VB project to run with it. I eventually got it all working fine and was able to see it all handling simultaneous calls perfectly.

But the big issue I have is that whichever PC I use, it becomes completely unstable with frequent lockups, every error report in the book and even the dreaded blue screens.

The problem doesnâ?Tt just occur when the software runs, just starting the PC with the device connected results in hang-ups 50% of the time. I can't see any pattern in whatâ?Ts happening, sometimes it all works fine but most times it just crashes out.

All the PCs are relatively new XP Pro and the same code with the desktop pro runs perfectly with no stability issues.

Any pointers to where my problems might be would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Smile

Post Reply Post Reply