FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Hi-Phone & HomeSeer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
starseer1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starseer1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi-Phone & HomeSeer
    Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:30pm
Folks, I have been a HomeSeer (HS) User since early 2006 and from that time until late OCT 2013, I ran HS2 under Win Xp using the HS PCI Modem card. Everything worked well. Since Microsoft will stop supporting Win Xp in APR-14, I decided to upgrade to Win 7 Pro. HS decided not to develop drivers for its PCI card and specify Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop Voice Modem instead leaving no choice but to upgrade. I tried to purchase this modem from HS but they have been out-of-stock for many weeks so I found one (P/N HD00USGR02; S/N 1036-31-026057) on www.ambientweather.com).

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. HS has been less than helpful. Many of the fields and options in their assorted Setup screens seem to conflict or make no sense (at least to me). My main problems at this juncture are these:

1)    1) In spite of configuring CID to output on each ring, no Caller ID is announced.

2)   2) While I can get HS/Way2Call to issue a TTS message to the Caller on pick up, I cannot get HS/Way2Call to play a custom tone wav file to indicate when the Caller should start his/her message.

Many thanks for any help, Jim White

Jim White
 Post Reply Post Reply