FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way2call telephony device is your ultimate telephony integration solution!

Answering existing calls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Answering existing calls
    Posted: Dec 16 2011 at 9:46am
Thought I'd try and get this working one more time.

Hereâ?Ts my problem. I have 4 ongoing IVR calls in progress and say line 2 requests to speak with an operator. Ideally I want to pickup the handset then in the handset up event, connect only to the call on line 2 but instead I get the audio for all four lines. Iâ?Tve tried every permutation of set terminal with varying results but itâ?Ts very slow and also seems to stop the hook event from working.

If you recall, I changed from the standard Maestro to the power dialler model but Exceletel etLine terminal sharing reports itâ?Ts in conference mode rather than shared exclusive that Iâ?Td have expected and I this may be the root of all my problems.

Any help appreciated.

Bill Smile
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 8:41am

Since you are using TAPI, you should use the TAPI comemndas:

First the Hi-Phone Maestro model should be PWD.

Please email support@way2call.com  the s/n of theHi-Phone Maestro that you using  to verify if it is PWD model.

The switch between HEADSET and HANDSET is done using 'phoneSetHookSwitch'.

The routing to each of the 4 lines is done using lineSetTerminal.

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 9:53am
Doron

Still struggling with this problem.
This is how we are trying to switch the line but this seems to do nothing?

Declare Function WSetTerminal Lib "w2cUSBM.dll" Alias "w2cUsbM_SetTerminal" ( _
    ByVal wDeviceID As Integer, _
    ByVal dwTerminalID As Long, _
    ByVal dwTerminalMode As Long, _
    ByVal dwReserved As Long) As Long

Private Const Terminal_Phone As Long = 0
Private Const Terminal_Headset As Long = 1

Public Sub SetTerminal(Deviceid As Integer)
    Dim Rst As Long
    Dim Device As Integer
    Dim Tmode As Long
    Tmode = LINETERMMODE_MEDIAFROMLINE + LINETERMMODE_MEDIATOLINE + LINETERMMODE_HOOKSWITCH
    Device = Deviceid
    Rst = WSetTerminal(Device, Terminal_Phone, Tmode, 0)
    Debug.Print "Set " & Deviceid & " Result " & Rst
End Sub

Bill
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2010 at 4:48am

We must be completely missing the point, as weâ?Tre still no nearer a solution. The MultiTestApp.exe seems to allow us to select a line by just clicking attach phone but all attempts to do the same in code achieve nothing.

Are there any pointers you could give us or even some simple code example that would show us how to connect the handset to a given line?

Regards

Bill

doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2010 at 9:47am

Does the function w2cUsbM_SetTerminal basically configure the LINETERMMODE flags, which I'm guessing basically controls some kind of matrix switching to connect the phone/headset/PC to the various lines?
The answer is yes. 

There is a set of these flags for each line, so by setting LINETERMMODE_RINGER/HOOK/MEDIATO/MEDIAFROMLINE on one of the lines, should this connect the handset to the selected line?

The answer is yes, and disconnects it from any other line it was connected to.

(In a conference-enabled device, audio connection is still available with other lines via conference commands).

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2010 at 12:37pm

Does the function w2cUsbM_SetTerminal basically configure the LINETERMMODE flags, which I'm guessing basically controls some kind of matrix switching to connect the phone/headset/PC to the various lines?

There is a set of these flags for each line, so by setting LINETERMMODE_RINGER/HOOK/MEDIATO/MEDIAFROMLINE on one of the lines, should this connect the handset to the selected line?

Bill :)
doronsh View Drop Down
Way2call
Way2call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doronsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2010 at 9:16am

This should be working for the Hi-Phone Maestro POWR DIALER model

The handset or the headset can be attached to each one of the lines.

For more details please review the SDK >>> DLL >>> DOC >>> Hi-Phone Maestro features >>> w2cUsbM_SetTerminal

This should connect the handset/phone virtually to the specified line

Now you should setup the right switching mode for the audio

Please check "Device Switching Modes"

For Handset/Phone use the switching mode related to:  'Line' - 'PC Audio' - 'Phone'.

Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2010 at 4:19am

The Maestro has four lines and just one phone or headset port which seemed perfect for my small IVR application. I have a problem though because if a caller requests to speak with an operator, there doesnâ?Tt seem any way to connect that caller to the phone or headset device unless theyâ?Tre calling on line one.

I would have thought that a device with four lines and one phone might have a simple method of selecting which line the phone connects to. My project is now at a dead stop on this one so hopefully someone may have an answer.Confused

Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply